Monday, May 11, 2009

The pendulum swings back...

So...I am thinking about midwifery school again. Seriously thinking about it. Kent always supports me and thinks it is a great idea. He loves to see me all passionate and energized like I get about birth. I am looking at the distance program for the Midwives College of Utah. Here is a link to their philosophy. I like it. I really should start on some of my requirements here at the community college, at least.
A large reason I have hesitated about school in the past, is because I tell myself that I still don't have my household under control, and I shouldn't devote myself to outside things when the house is in shambles. BUT, I do think that I often do better with more time restrictions and structure. Kinda crazy, but sometimes I do a better job at home when I'm crazy busy running around, and know that I only have two hours to do a load of laundry and clean up the kitchen, rather than all day.
Do I sound like I'm justifying?

3 comments:

Mary said...

Here's what I'm thinking: You will NEVER have your household "under control" like you would ultimately like it to be. Life will just keep getting in the way, making more laundry, creating more bills, messing up more dishes, dirtying more floors... If you keep letting that "under control" idea rule your decision making, you will never end up allowing yourself to do what it is you really want to do. And what kind of example is that to your kids? GO TO SCHOOL!!! I have a feeling your life will be put in a whole new perspective. I am excited for you! Just do it! :o)

Renae said...

Terri I agree, I always get more done when I stay busy. My husband is the same way, when he is working he gets more done on his days off or after work. It forces him to prioritize I think. Keep me updated!

Anonymous said...

It doesn't matter whether you are justifying or not. The only thing that matters in making a decision like this is, what is GOD leading you to do? You must submit to HIS will for your life, whichever direction that is. He will only bless your efforts (at home, at school, everywhere!) if you are submitting to Him and following Him.
If you and your husband pray about it earnestly enough and feel God's leading (whether it be yea or nay), then follow Him.
Good for you!!