Monday, August 25, 2008

Back on the Flylady Bandwagon-

Another public declaration of determination and purpose on my part. My dear cousin Jill and I are going to hold one another accountable to our Flylady routines and missions for the third time in about three years. This is one of the things that I love about Flylady- you fall off of the bandwagon for a few days (or months), but when you get back on there is the Flylady encouraging me at the end of every email saying- "You are not behind. Jump in where you are." Ah. I need to hear that often. It combats my all-or-nothing mentality that I cannot possibly get my house where it needs to be, so why bother.
Flylady is not for everyone- those of you who are born organized (BOs Flylady calls them- Cassie, Mackenzie, Gabe, Jacqueline, you know who you are) do not need this kind of a system to keep up your house. But those of us sidetracked home executives (SHEs) who are constantly living in a state of can't-have-anybody-over-syndrome (CHAOS), can really benefit from the Flylady system of routines, reminders and missions. Even if you don't want to get the 20-30 emails per day (I set up a separate folder for my Flylady emails), you can still figure out the system to use for yourself. Ask me about it if you have questions. And, feel free to ask me how it's going when you talk to me, I need that kind of accountability. You can check out Flylady here.

No comments: